AboutThis service, funded by the Association of Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group (SIG) Governing Board, can be used to estimate the per-person CO2-equivalent emissions due to air travel and related activities involved with running conferences. It provides an interface for estimating CO2e for a single person’s trip, and an interference for estimating the CO2e for an entire conference. Results from past queries can be saved and retrieved for later examination.
CO2 Footprint Result
- Roundrip | One-way With Rad forcing?
Upload CSV Must be < 5 MB
Select conference location (optional)
Select a CSV from your computer
Or drag and drop a CSV below
Just drag and drop a CSV here
The comma separated values file (CSV) must have a properly formatted header delimiting the columns present in each row.
Required columns: city1 (minimally the start city)
- city2: optional stop, required if no conference location is specified
- city3: optional stop in a connecting flight
- city4: optional stop in a connecting flight
- city5: optional stop in a connecting flight
- passengerName: name of the passenger
- isRoundTrip: must be "true" (default) or "false". If there are passengers taking one way trips, add this column.
- # minDist=250 conferenceLocation="New York, NY"
An example of of a CSV with varying start and end cities for each indivudal is available here